Driving You Forward Scholarship
CDL.com is excited to announce that it has partnered with Miller-Motte College, McCann School of Business & Technology, and Platt College to launch the CDL.com Driving You Forward Scholarship Program.
Our mission is to support employers and career seekers with reducing the driver shortage problem. CDL.com is one of the nation’s leading providers of recruiting and training services for the commercial transportation market. We are committed to providing products and services that bridge the gap between professional drivers and employers.
This is why we’ve partnered with top training providers and employers to create a program that is geared towards helping both students and employers. Through this partnership, individuals who meet the scholarship eligibility criteria will be considered for the CDL.com Driving You Forward Scholarship. The road to career advancement and continuing education is important to CDL.com and our network of carriers and drivers. Interested and placed employees at any of CDL.com’s preferred participating carriers are encouraged to consider this amazing opportunity for themselves or their immediate family members.
CDL.com Driving You Forward Scholarship
Institutional Scholarship Partners
- Miller-Motte College
- McCann School of Business and Technology
- Platt College
$20,000 (or maximum of 50% of program tuition per academic year)
Rolling submission process accepting applicants and issuing awards continuously throughout the calendar year.
Available to individuals who are actively employed and/or are immediate family members of actively employed commercial drivers with any of CDL.com’s participating carrier partners. Applicants who have demonstrated an active work history and meet all eligibility criteria(s).
To be considered for the CDL.com Driving You Forward Scholarship, the following minimum requirements must be met:
- U.S. Citizens, U.S. Nationals, U.S. Permanent Residents, Refugees, Asylees, Cuban/Haitian entrants, or humanitarian parolees/based on the guidelines utilized by the US Department of Education for federal financial aid eligibility.
- In possession of High School Diploma or GED
- Completed a CDL.com Driver Profile on CDL.com
- Meet the employment requirements which include;
- Complete a Driver Profile through CDL.com
- Accept and/or maintain employment with any CDL.com partnering companies
- Maintain employment for a period of three (3) months with a participating employer prior to application
- The employer must sponsor your participation in the scholarship
Professional drivers who meet these minimum requirements, and are awarded, will be able to use or gift the scholarship awards to the following individuals:
To be awarded and maintain the CDL.com Driving You Forward Scholarship, you must continue to meet the following requirements:
- Enroll in a CDL.com partnered accredited U.S. post-secondary institution degree or diploma program (current list available at cdl.com/driving-forward)
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress throughout the duration of the academic program
- Maintain active employment status with a participating employer
All qualified students are encouraged to apply, regardless of gender, creed, ethnic origin, race or sexual orientation. We do not give preference based on a student’s choice of college, university, high school, city of residence or financial need.
How to Apply
If you meet or are in the process of meeting the minimum criteria and interested in applying, please visit cdl.com/driving-forward to determine if this scholarship is an opportunity for you or your immediate family.